Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gifts from Friends


 Here it all is. And it’s a lot. Good thing I will be able to pack my simple jeans  and tees to wear to hold babies in one very small suitcase, because I will need big suitcases to pack all of this.

Gifts for the babies. For the children of XinXang. Gifts from friends. People who reached into their hearts and pocketbooks, who looked at our wish list on Amazon and bought one bottle of vitamins. Or six toys Or bottles for kids with cleft lips and palates. Some diaper ornaments. Or bandages for the little girl who drags her foot. Or sleepers. These gifts arriving at my house over several months are gifts that matter.
Because of the way Amazon administers  their wish lists, unless the giver wrote us a note, we never knew who the gift  from. So I want to say now. Thank you. Thank you so much. This means a lot. It means when I travel to China next month, I will be carrying wishes and gifts from so many of you. I will post pictures as we bring these gifts to the orphanage but for now I want to say thank you. Your gifts are an affirmation that what we are doing is worth it. That these children are worth it.  That they matter and that you care.
Again, thank you.  Words fail me. “Xie xie” from these little ones in a room in an orphanage in a small town in China. Thank you.

Moya Smith

2 comments:

  1. Hi Moya, I haven't been in touch. My apologies. I love this entry, not only because the first line implies that you are "holding babies in one very small suitcase," but because you are returning to our son's birthplace. Is there more that you need? Should I still go back to Amazon? Or is it too late for that?
    Looking back through this blog, I saw pictures of a "new" child, who is covered by the very same blankets I took pictures of five years ago. Crazy. Memories.
    Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Much love, Kim (kimradersma@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim!! Good to hear from you!! Such a teacher are you spotting my improperly placed preposition. I promise. No babies in the suitcase..lol...The Amazon wishlist has been filled. We will be buying supplies for Gracie's room ( new floor covering, bouncy chairs etc so if you would like to use the CHIP IN below to donate for that, we will post pictures when we get there. Hope the boys are both well. Bet they have grown.

      Delete