Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dianjiang

The anniversary of our daughter’s finding day was just a few weeks ago. I always start to wonder at this time. It’s difficult to imagine the events surrounding that day. Although I have photos and information about the area, I still wonder . . . Was it hot that day? Or rainy? Was it day or night? Was she sleeping when she was left there? What did it sound like? Smell like? I wonder how long it will be before my daughter asks these same questions. What will I tell her?

I’m so happy that I can tell her what it was like at the SWI. I feel fortunate that we were able to visit Dianjiang SWI when we adopted our children. I vividly remember the smoky smell in the air, the dampness and cold of that January day. She especially likes to hear that our guide told us it was a “good omen” when the clouds parted and the sun shone when we entered the town - as it is usually very overcast there in the winter.

I am thankful that I can also tell my daughter about the good things that are happening in her former home because of the kindness and generosity of each of our donors and sponsors. I am amazed by the generosity and commitment of others who have been touched by the children at Dianjiang. You have made such a difference for our Dianjiang Kids. Thank you!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment